Friday, November 7, 2014

Five for Friday - a look back at October

So since Halloween was on a FRIDAY, I didn't get around to posting about Halloween on Five for Friday like I wanted to. So today I'm doing a flashback to October!







I always have a pumpkin & fall themed day on or the day after Halloween because the first school I ever worked at had kiddos who didn't celebrate Halloween. One of the crafts we did was Candy Corn Men which I actually got from Kacey at Doodlebugs Teaching for free. Check it out!







I had an awesome mom come in with 2 easy-peasy foam crafts which the kiddos LOVED! One was a Day of the Dead themed skeleton and the other was a jack-o-lantern. They came out super cute and even though they were pre-cut, they all took on a look of their own!






Another fun thing I've done the past few years is read The Biggest Pumpkin Ever, write about how we'd grow the biggest pumpkin ever then use water colors to decorate pumpkin templates. You can get everything to do this activity and craft from my TPT store here.







We played some fun games that were fall themed. This one is Pumpkin Push. Just like other "push" games, once you have 2 "pieces" on a number you keep the number. If there is only 1 "piece" on the number the other player can "push" it out. I wish I could remember where I got this game a couple years back. If it's yours, let me know so I can give you credit!






Another game I wish I remember where I found it (let me know if it's your product)... Students roll dice to cover different parts of the jack-o-lantern. They race to fill up their pumpkin first.


What did you do to celebrate Halloween or Fall last week?


 photo ScreenShot2014-07-01at21352PM_zps1ea39d68.png

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...