Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

With my belly full and feeling a little sleepy from turkey, I'm excited to share how my kiddos spent their Thanksgiving week (Monday & Tuesday) in my classroom. We had a lot of families traveling so I had a tiny class, but we still had a lot of fun!

#1 One of my amazing families made me a Thanksgiving pumpkin bread. So thoughtful!


#2 We ended our morning meeting with a fluency partner day. We read the acrostic poem Thanksgiving on Monday, so the kiddos read it in partners, giving compliments using P.E.A.R.


#3 We talked about what it meant to be thankful and what we were thankful for and then my kiddos took to their writer's notebook to write a few things they were thankful about. They then copied it over in their best handwriting to be hung up on the wall.




#4 I read Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving and we talked about the characters, setting, problem and solution. Then we decided what the most important events from the beginning, middle and end of the story were.

The kiddos put these beginning, middle, end events in their own words, then created a BME turkey hat. I got this fabulous freebie from Hollie Griffith on TPT. Get yours here.


My kiddos kept saying "look there's a turkey and it's dressed up like [insert kiddos name]. It was too cute and they were just so adorable we had to take a picture of all my turkeys!


#5  I found this fabulous Thanksgiving freebie, with all different "How To" prompts. The kiddos had the choice of doing a few different ones, and some of them did more than one, but the pumpkin pie prompts were my favorite!


#6 We spent the afternoon watching Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving while the kiddos could choose between different turkey math activities which I didn't take pictures of for whatever reason. It was a fantastic kick off to my Thanksgiving mini-vacation!



I hope you all were able to spend time with your family on this Thanksgiving and thought about those things for which you are thankful.

Before I sign off, here are a few things for which I'm thankful for this year...

I'm thankful for my little family of my hubby and puppy...


I'm thankful for my second graders who keep my life interesting every day!

I'm thankful for my parents & sister who I miss seeing every day but am happy to only live about a half hour away from.

I'm thankful for my friends who are always there for me.

And I'm happy for all the other little blessings in life that God brings into my life every day.

Teach Run photo ScreenShot2013-07-29at32149PM_zps10463e60.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...