Friday, June 27, 2014

Summertime Linky

First link up of my summer... Linking up with Doodlebugs for Five for Friday, Teaching Blog Addict for Freebie Friday & A Classroom Full of Smiles for #teacherslovesummer :)
Scroll down to #5 for a spelling freebie!



[one]


Check out my post from earlier this week about my experience at the Whole Brain Teaching National Conference!

[two]


I've spent as many days at the beach as not at the beach... true my summer has only consisted of 4 days, but I'm pretty happy about it :) And I already have 2 beach days next week, LOVE living a mile from the beach :)

[three]


I'm also linking up with A Classroom Full of Smiles (a little late) to share my 3 summer goals!

#1 Take June & July off! The last 2 years I've had to set up my classroom from the ground up and spent nearly my entire summer in my classroom doing just that. This year I get to stay in the same district & the same room... which means far less work! Sure I'll do my computer, blog, TPT stuff, but not a foot into the classroom until August 1st! I'll let you know how that goes :-P

#2 Relax on the beach at least 2 times a week! DONE for this week, hopefully I can keep it up!

#3 Run at least 4 days a week all summer (then continue into the school year!) I'm on track for a 6-day week, hopefully I can stay that motivated ALL summer!

[four]


I spent a lot of time with Mrs. R. today making a presentation for when we share Whole Brain Teaching with our colleagues. I was so excited to find this youtube channel full of WBT videos that use my WBT rules & procedures posters! The teachers who made the videos even gave my TPT store credit. So exciting :) If you'd like to see some WBT in action, check out the youtube channel here.

[five]


I'm trying to do both "professional" and "enjoyment" reading this summer... I just finished Rules of Civility which was FABULOUS & downloaded the sequel Eve in Hollywood because it is ONLY available on Kindle or in iBooks!


In the teacher world, I'm just starting the Fountas & Pinnell phonics to help me create a spelling program for our grade level team. We will also be using Words their Way. If anyone has some suggestions for creating a spelling program I would love it!


I created spelling choice boards to use next year which you can find on my TPT store.

I also created this freebie for kiddos to correct and grade their own spelling tests.


Have a fabulous summer weekend :)

Teach Run photo ScreenShot2013-07-29at32149PM_zps10463e60.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...