Thursday, July 2, 2015

Solve the Room (again!)

I posted about Solve the Room back in January and I'm here to share some more...

Those of you who don't know about Solve the Room... you might know about it but just call it something different... Read the Room.... Scoot.... Roam the Room.

It is a very easy to implement... you put cards up around the room (by mid-year or earlier I have my kiddos put up and take down cards)...



Give students an answer sheet & a clipboard... (all of my Solve the Room products have a similar answer sheet like this one...)


And then let your students move about solving the room!


Solve the Room is DEFINITELY something I have to model at the beginning of the year... Voices are off (unless you're asking a friend quietly for help to find a card), look at the card, figure out the answer, then record - in the correct box! The modeling time pays off because after one or two sets of Solve the Room cards, my students can do this completely independently during Math rotations, allowing me to teach the small group in front of me without putting out any fires, and that makes for a happy teacher!

Clicking here will bring you to my TPT store with the search "Solve the Room" already plugged in. You'll find Solve the Room products that will work with grades 1, 2 and 3.

And here are some of my newest Solve the Room products - great for 1st and 2nd grade!





And if you want all these at a reduced price, bundled together...


Do you use solve the room in your class? Let me know in the comments!


 photo ScreenShot2014-07-01at21352PM_zps1ea39d68.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...