Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Who Doesn't Love a Snow Day?

As much as I will DESPISE making up the snow day come June, it was SUCH a nice surprise to have a snow day today :)

 
However, I did learn a few things before 6AM...
#1 Be thankful for your co-workers (one of mine texted me excited about the snowday that I didn't even know we had!)
#2 If there's snow in the forecast, don't plan on that being one of the days you go in extra early to get stuff done in your class (I was dressed and ready to go when I got the text from my wonderful co-worker)
#3 Make sure your phone number is on the school all-call list so you don't have to depend on the news to get your district up there before you're out of bed and ready to go.

One of my teacher-friends also texted me this morning, and I can't help but share...



I spent my morning baking cookies, and so in an a-typical post, here are some wonderful desserts to make for Christmas, or just because! Click on the picture to go to the link where I got the recipe!

Oreo Truffles, always a holiday favorite... 3 ingredients and no bake! Follow the recipe on the link, but if you don't like mint, use regular oreos... I use double stuffed!


Nutter Butter Truffles, just like Oreo Truffles. I'm not sure where I found the recipe for these, it is super easy though...

Ingredients: Package of Nutterbutter cookies
8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/4-1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 bag of white chocolate chips
1 bag of peanut butter chips
(or you could use just one or the other)

Crush cookies in a food processor. Add cream cheese and peanut butter. Process until blended evenly. (I don't have a food processor, so I separated the cookies and peanut butter middle, and put the cookies in a plastic bag and used a rolling pin to crush the cookies, then I put the cookie crumbs, peanut butter middle, cream cheese and peanut butter into my standing mixer and blended the ingredients that way)
Put mixture in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
Put peanut butter balls into the fridge to chill before dipping.
Melt the white or peanut butter chips and dip the truffles. I drizzled a little white chocolate on my pb dipped truffles and vice versa.

Click here for an easy way to melt & dip truffles or any other chocolate dipped desserts!

Muddy Buddies... my grandma used to make these when I was a kid!


Peanut butter M&M Peanut butter cookies...  No recipe needed for these, just put Peanut butter M&M's in your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe or mix.


White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies... for the pumpkin lovers out there! These were very sweet, next time I think I will use only half a bag of white chips! For some reason the recipe ingredients don't mention white chips, but within the directions tells you when to add them in, so I wasn't sure how much to use.


Finally, the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe, ever! Since I found this recipe I will NEVER use another! I find the cookies spread less and come out better if you refrigerate the dough first. And you really only need to bake for 10 minutes (even if they don't look done yet, they cook a little more as they sit on the tray for 1-2 minutes). They stay soft and delicious even once they cool! The hubby can't get enough of them! Warning... you may want to cut the recipe in half, it makes around 6 dozen cookies.


I also finished all my grad class work today, hooray!
Now if only I had brought my kiddos book gifts home to wrap during my snow day, I would have felt EXTRA productive!!!

I hope you enjoyed your snow day if you had one, and if you didn't I hope your kiddos were fabulous today :)

Here's a few pictures of my puppy to make you smile...




Teach Run photo ScreenShot2013-07-29at32149PM_zps10463e60.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...