Thursday, February 13, 2014

100th Day!

We had a super fun 100th day in our classroom! Our celebration kept getting pushed back for snow, but we finally we able to celebrate on Tuesday! I didn't do an entire day of 100th day fun like I did last year, mostly because with the snow coming today I needed to finish up a few things in reading that I didn't want to leave hanging. But we still had time for quite a bit of fun...

We started the day by decorating 100 Day crowns to wear throughout the day!
I got this crown freebie here.


For some reason this group of kiddos LOVE hats... this is the 4th or 5th hat we've made this year.


 We spent our writing time writing about what we would do if we had $100. It is too cute the perception kiddos have of $100. I had kiddos saying they'd buy a car or a quad, an iPad, even a mansion... too funny! My kiddos then worked on writing 100 words, which was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I got both of these freebies (and others) here.



During snack time (which I think was the favorite activity of the day) we made a 100th day trail mix. I found the mat to organize the trail mix here.




We spent the afternoon doing 100th day math. We found out how many times we could do different activities in 100 seconds. Sorry for the poor picture quality. This was also a freebie, find it here.


We clapped our hands, said the ABC's, hopped up and down, wrote our names, sat down and stood up, counted to ten and blinked our eyes, all while counting which was a little tricky. Here's my kiddos standing up and sitting down. They were exhausted after 100 seconds, too cute!


We also played "roll to 100" where my kiddos took turns with a partner rolling a dice and adding their rolls together until they got to 100. For some reason I don't have any pictures though and I can't find the exact version we used, but TPT has a bunch of free versions of this game if you search "roll to 100."

Check in tomorrow for 5 for Friday. Hopefully we have school tomorrow so we can exchange Valentines!

Teach Run photo ScreenShot2013-07-29at32149PM_zps10463e60.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...