Sunday, July 28, 2013

Liebster Award!

Wow, I am so excited to announce that Brianne from Hooo-Ray for Teaching nominated me for the Liebster Award!!!
A big thank you to her for checking out and enjoying my blog!!! Even though my blog has been around since 2010, I haven't really tried to get it out there into the teacher blogging world until very recently so this means a lot, and thank you again to Brianne.


In order to accept the award I need to do the following:
1. Link back to the blog who nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator.
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
5. Share 11 random facts about myself.
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them.

Brianne's Questions:
1. What is your favorite subject to teach?
Reading! I love to read and love being able to teach my kiddos how to become readers or to become better readers :)
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Australia! Or I'd go back to Ireland <3
3. What is the most unique gift a student has given to you?
One of my little girls gave me a homemade snowglobe she made at a craft program at a local church


4. What is your theme for this upcoming school year?
Since I'm changing schools, I am going to keep my polka dots and bubble gum theme, next year it will change because I know I won't want the same theme in the same room/school 2 years in a row!
5. What is the one thing in your classroom you can not live without?
My computer, for sure!
6. What is your favorite food?
White pizza with spinach and mushroom
7. What is your favorite thing to do on summer vacation?
Run, then relax on the beach!
8. If there was one chore that you would never have to do again, what would it be and why?
Clean the floor because having a fiancee who works at a golf course and a puppy, cleaning the floor requires sweeping, dry swiffering and wet swiffering and still not having a perfectly clean floor!
9. If you could travel to one period of time, what would it be and why?
I'd be a teenager in the 1950's because I have been obsessed with Grease since 7th grade. I love the music, clothes, etc of that era and would love to live it!
10. What is your favorite kind of music?
I really do like just about anything (except country) but my favorite bands are Maroon 5 and Matchbox Twenty.
11. What is your favorite holiday besides summer?
Thanksgiving! I love that it's about family and good food and not presents and all the other stuff!

11 Facts About Me
1. I am getting married on October 12th!
2. I am going into my second full year of teaching (both second grade) I also long term subbed K for a few months.
3. I have a 5 month old puppy named Bogey (yes, as in 1 stroke over par in golf)


4. I live 1 mile from the beach and have a golf course in my backyard.
5. I am starting my masters degree in Reading/Language this fall.
6. I ran XC and track in college (took some time off and am just getting back into it this year)
7. I am starting at a new school this year and have very mixed emotions about it.
8. I am a recent whole brainer! (Check out Whole Brain Teaching)
9. I have a super artsy teacher who has helped with a lot of the creative stuff in my classroom.
10. I have wanted to be a teacher since 1st grade. I loved my first grade teacher, Miss Connell. She was an inspiration to me even after leaving her class.
11. I've known my fiancee since I was 11. We grew up in the same small town!

5 Blogs I Am Nominating
1. Gretchen at Sweet Sweet Second Grade
2. Amanda at Pretty Little Pencils
3. The Tongass Teacher at Teaching in the Tongass
4. Jennifer at Love Teaching Kids

Questions for my Nominees
1. How long have you been teaching & what grades?
2. What is your favorite subject/topic to teach & why?
3. What is your least favorite subject/topic to teach & why?
4. Why did you become a teacher?
5. Why did you create a teaching blog?
6. What is the best part about summer vacation?
7. If you were to enter a different profession, what would it be?
8. What is your ideal grade to teach & why?
9. What is your favorite teacher supply?
10. What are you most proud of in your teaching career?
11. What is your outside of school hobby?

Ooof, that took longer than I expected! Remember to "follow" my blog after you finish :)



Happy Blogging (& Running) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...