Friday, August 22, 2014

Last Summer Five for Friday

Linking up with Doodlebugs for my last weekday of summer vacation... *tear*


I have a few classroom updates since last week to share as I say farewell to a wonderful summer!



Loving the addition of book jackets to my library. I saw this idea last year towards the end of the year and just didn't have the time or energy to put up some string to hang book jackets on. I always take book jackets off when kiddo hands will be all over the book because despite keeping off dust, the covers get absolutely destroyed!


So now, books that are available in the library with covers taken off will have their covers hidden & a sign that says "Can you find these books in our library?"


The super improver wall is ready to go! Looking forward to name cards being all different colors as kiddos make improvements & move up the wall. I also can't wait until next year where the second grade number poster has to find a new home because I have faces of living legends in its place!


I finally took a picture of my picture book display. Normally I wouldn't post something as simple and classroom typical as well-loved books but check out the tag. I put a velcro dot on the book display and as I switch out different themed books throughout the year I will put the theme card on the book display... hooray for labels & organization (it really is the little things in life).


My mom made me curtains for my classroom and I have to say it makes a HUGE difference! The blinds in this classroom & the classroom in my old classroom are SO ugly and these curtains hide them perfectly and are fun and bright while doing so. The past 2 years my mom has made curtains to cover up shelves in my classroom closet, this year curtains for the windows, what's next year? haha!


Sorry for the poor quality of the picture (& Read on the Computer/Listen to Reading is cut off in the picture), but my Daily 5 i-charts & anchor charts for launch lessons are ready to go! So excited to start Daily 5 from day 1 with my grade level. I think it will be a success for sure and I am excited for the collaboration that will go along with it :)


Did you put your finishing touches on your room this week or are you already back at it teaching those kiddos?


 photo ScreenShot2014-07-01at21352PM_zps1ea39d68.png

1 comment:

  1. Your curtains are so cute! I wanted some for my room...but since I have no sewing skills I wound up hot gluing the fabric to the wall above the window!

    And I like the book jacket idea! I'll have to try that this year!

    -Meg
    TalesandTeacherisms

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...