Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful Link-Up Day 3

I'm linking up again with Bloghopin' for another day of Thanks!


Today I'm thankful for A Book or Few!


I am SO thankful for books... teaching kiddos to read every day instills the importance of reading every single day. I am so thankful that I enjoy reading and teaching reading. I am also thankful for the authors who write books that help me teach & the authors who help me to relax and enjoy reading!

I'm going to share 2 books that save my life as a teacher and 2 books that I love in general...
If you read my blog often you know how important Whole Brain Teaching is to me and for that reason I'd highly recommend Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids. This book is fabulous not only to help you with those challenging kids but to help you implement WBT into ANY classroom!


Another set of books I LOVE and transformed my classroom is The Daily 5 & The CAFE Book. We do full-fledged Daily 5 in my room and I'm working on implementing CAFE more this year. Hopefully I can implement CAFE more and more as I get more comfortable and familiar with all the strategies! These books are great and are very fast and easy reads. I felt comfortable to implement Daily 5 in my room simply after reading!





Onto 2 personal reads that I LOVED over the summer! Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time for pleasure reading, but I try to squeeze in as many books as I can over the summer!

The dog lover in me loved every second of The Art of Racing in the Rain. If you have a dog or love dogs it's a must-read. The story is narrated by a dog but as "cheesy" as that may sound, not a second of the narration feels unnatural.


Another book I loved reading over the summer was Reconstructing Amelia. The premise is a single mom trying to figure out what truly happened to her daughter. The narration is super unique in this book as it is composed with normal narration, texts, facebook posts and more weaved together. I was absolutely hooked to this book and could barely put it down! Definitely a great book if you're looking for something a little different and unique.



I hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving Eve. I'm lucky enough to not have school today... one of the best things my district does is give us this day off :)
Be sure to check out what books other teachers are thankful for here.


 photo ScreenShot2014-07-01at21525PM_zpsf6ff35a2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...